Schedule change?

General discussion about offroad racing.

Re: Schedule change?

Postby hdrcmark on Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:30 pm

I agree with Todd and Kale, But you all know when it rains around here it usually is a downpour...How many of you guys would load up in a downpour and then have to walk a quarter mile to unload in the downpour..The way the Place is laid out I dont think I would go even with my trailer..They would have to close the big overhead door to keep the rain out of the building I Dont see me sweating to race 1 class
hdrcmark

Postby David Brown on Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:58 pm

The first time I was there the guy, I believe his name was Chad, had said they didn't want to have there races the same weekend as ours.Now things are changing.OK let's look @extreme,Scott was more than willing to comply with our schedule and it worked for all until his track closed. Now given track histories mobile is the only well established track and most racers have heard of our track.How long will os be around,a long time I hope for them.Tracks have came and gone but mobile is still here.Think about it.
DAVID BROWN
David Brown

Postby bigbrad_41 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:49 pm

I'm dedicated to Mobile... I also got my on call schedule based around 1st and 3rd weekends, so I also vote not to change.
I would be interested in learning the system, if there is times when Jeremy can't make it... Just saying
bigbrad_41

Postby Jamminator on Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:08 pm

Seems like all the faster people in the area are sticking with Mobile. Maybe OS doesn't want competitive racing.
Jamminator

Postby Brian Davis on Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:26 pm

Brian Davis

Postby God of Gnar on Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:30 pm

I'm glad your not abandoning the track Jeremy. We have some of us folks coming together at the track and trying to make things happen for the better. We also have Marc Beck now living about an hour away from Mobile that wants to race with us on the regular. He is also a master track builder and could give us a bunch of tips to help out. I really liked the OSRC track and hope the best for them. But, like I said if I have to choose I will stand behind Mobile. It is my home track and where I learned to race. More power to you Brad! If you want to learn the system as a back up that is awesome. I will help on Facebook and this site to try to keep things as current as possible and try to boost attendance. As all of you know I get around and like to run my mouth so people will definitely know when we are racing. I am also trying to do as much track work as I can thats feasible with my schedule. With several of us coming together I think we can make Mobile the best it's ever been!
God of Gnar
Fancy Feet

Postby David Brown on Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:18 pm

Well said.
DAVID BROWN
David Brown

Postby Brad4x4 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:19 pm

i will always race at mobile, i love me some 1/8 scale nitro...i am racing the 1st and 3rd, i will also help with running the races if needed.
B-rad makes the A main

8ight T 3.0
Tekno NB48
Losi SCTE 1.0
Associated 8.2e
Losi 22 2wd buggy
Brad4x4

Postby RumbleBeeAL on Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:27 pm

Keep the existing 1st/3rd Saturday schedule for our BayCity Raceway here in Mobile, AL.

(edited...)
Last edited by RumbleBeeAL on Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RumbleBeeAL

Postby God of Gnar on Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:42 pm

I really appreciate you guys stepping up for our track. I feel you Gordon. I want to give their track the freedom of the doubt though. I don't want to stoop to the level of talking down or bad about them. It just put a bad taste in my mouth when they promoted their track on our Facebook page with out ever even talking with us or even meeting us. That's like Hunts ketchup going over to the Heinz ketchup factory to promote their ketchup. If you don't understand this then you are weak minded. Just Saying. No bad mouthing their track though guys!
God of Gnar
Fancy Feet

Postby teamracer 59 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:16 pm

it all way be mobile for me i seen track come and go but mobile alway been here
teamracer 59

Postby David Brown on Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:34 pm

Haven't seen this much activity on the site in a long time.
DAVID BROWN
David Brown

Postby Razorbelly on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:02 pm

I say keep it the same and forget OSRC... They won't be around that long from the sound of it.
Razorbelly

Postby dhunt488 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:47 pm

Its always been on this schedule to accomodate ft.walton ..i would not change. And well said kale. If osrc wants to do that then so be it. But i personally think there going about the wrong way. Coexist people!!!!! I was not planning on running nitro 1/8 scale there but was looking at a 1/10. We will see .. by the way like the start time though
TLR 8ight T 3.0 / novarossi / jr. Servos / airtronics m11x / sweep racing tires / stikman rc / pro tech
dhunt488

Postby murcielago 01 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:06 pm

The schedule will be the same lets just see in the next month what the turn outs will be for both tracks. And maybe I can get them to Change it back.
ae rc8t ce
blitz ese pro
murcielago 01
Offroad Track Director

PreviousNext

Return to Offroad Racing