Schedule change?

General discussion about offroad racing.

Schedule change?

Postby murcielago 01 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:57 pm

It's that time of the year again it's getting hotter time to go to evening racing reg at 4:00 and racing at 5:00. There is something else I have been thinking about for while about switching race weekends. Doing second and fourth in stead frist and third. Reason is other track schedule. So comment on this if your ok with doing the switch or not and for God sake don't blow a top over this! :D
ae rc8t ce
blitz ese pro
murcielago 01
Offroad Track Director

Re: Schedule change?

Postby Todd on Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:42 pm

Keep 1st and 3rd.
RSCrono.com
20% Discount: "MobileRC20"
Todd

Postby David Brown on Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:12 am

I really don't care.If I had to pick,leave it like it is.
DAVID BROWN
David Brown

Postby jwmustang on Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:43 am

Leave as is.
jwmustang

Postby hdrcmark on Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:49 am

I say keep as is...What does the other track want to do???
hdrcmark

Postby Brad4x4 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:14 am

keep 1st and 3rd.
B-rad makes the A main

8ight T 3.0
Tekno NB48
Losi SCTE 1.0
Associated 8.2e
Losi 22 2wd buggy
Brad4x4

Postby murcielago 01 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:28 am

Ok we will keep it the same but the OS track has annouced they will run offroad the same weekend. Reason is other tracks and racers pressured them to change!
ae rc8t ce
blitz ese pro
murcielago 01
Offroad Track Director

Postby David Brown on Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:38 pm

So that means you won't be running our races if we don't agree?
DAVID BROWN
David Brown

Postby hdrcmark on Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:41 pm

So, which track are planning on supporting??????Mark jefferson
hdrcmark

Postby David Brown on Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:46 pm

Maybe the question is will someone want to run things if Jeremy doesn't or can't. I don't see a problem with changing, it may change our weather problems.Just think about.
DAVID BROWN
David Brown

Postby hdrcmark on Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:52 pm

If we change, then we will be on the same weekend as Florida...WE get more guys from Florida than we do from Louisiana...Just me 2 cents,Mark
hdrcmark

Postby murcielago 01 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:29 pm

Ok so the original plan was I would run mobile 1st and 3rd then run 2nd and 4th for OS. But after there frist offroad race which had 75 entries they had lot of request to do 1st and 3rd and have onroad on 2nd and 4th. I know it's sudden to switch and some of y'all scheduled work off for 1st and 3rd weekends. I will not abandon mobile and their trying hard to get me over their every weekend. If mobile dosn't change schedule I will still run it but OS has the advantage of not being rained out!
ae rc8t ce
blitz ese pro
murcielago 01
Offroad Track Director

Postby Shawn_S on Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:41 pm

I am only scheduled off work for 1st and 3rds Sats till around July, so I can't switch...

4pm/5pm this Sat.?
Shawn_S

Postby God of Gnar on Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:50 pm

These are my thoughts and opinions on this whole "race schedule change". So this morning on the OSRC Facebook page, I see that they are changing their race weekends. They are going to run Offroad on every 1st and 3rd (same weekend as Mobile), and the Onroad on every 2nd and 4th. I then get on here and see that you want to see if we would like to change our dates. From my understanding, the Mobile track has been here for many years and ran the same weekends for a while now. We ran these weekends so we would't conflict with B&T down in Fort Walton, FL, which have racers that like to come to our track and race and also some of us that like to go to theirs. In my honest opinion I don't see why we would change that. I traveled this past weekend to OSRC to race their grand opening race. The track is awesome! I had a load of fun. The facility has a lot of potential of being a very recognizable track in our area. I myself have planned on continuing racing there since our schedules did not conflict. Now that they have changed the weekends around it really upsets me. Not sure which tracks pressured them into changing ?!?!?!? If I'm not mistaken the Mobile track is only 40 minutes away from OSRC. I would think they would't want to conflict with us since we were so close. :( I'm pretty sure they would't change because of B&T either since they were 3 hours away. I don't know much about the tracks to the west of OSRC, and how far away they are and their racing schedules. I used to go down to Victory Lane Raceway down in Chalmette, LA and race , but their track burned down. I'm also not sure of any onroad tracks in the area to conflict. Plus the offroad turnout by far surpasses the onroad turnout. I feel like this schedule change will hurt both OSRC and Bay City Raceway(Mobile track).I myself would love to run at OSRC, but If they were on the same weekend I would choose Mobile. Give us a heads up and let us know what your plan is, don't beat around the bush. I am against changing our weekends! It's a shame that they wan't to change their weekend to the same as ours when they used our Facebook page to recruit racers. People were confused and thought that the Mobile track was OSRC. I then had to make a post to educate everyone that didn't know the difference between the tracks. We still have people asking on Facebook if OSRC is racing this weekend. LOL. I didn't mind that because I also wanted to see their track do well. I also know what it's like running a business , and having to make very difficult decisions. You obviously knew that this is kinda ridiculous when you ask us not to blow our tops before you even let anyone comment on the matter. By the way this is not my TOP BLOWN, just me stating my opinion. I hope the best for both tracks if this change stands.
God of Gnar
Fancy Feet

Postby Todd on Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:20 pm

I'd really be interested in knowing what "other" tracks wanted them to switch. From my understanding, SCR is the 1st and 3rd weekends as well. Or at least I know they're racing this weekend for sure. Victory Lane is gone, so that doesn't matter anymore either. The only track it could be, is Ft. Walton. And I really can't see them traveling 3 hours to do that.

Are there any other tracks from here to the Texas state line?
RSCrono.com
20% Discount: "MobileRC20"
Todd

Next

Return to Offroad Racing