New to Mobile RC Racing

New to RC Racin'?

New to Mobile RC Racing

Postby RaiderFan12015 on Sun May 24, 2015 10:18 pm

Hey guys,
So I will be headed to Mobile and should be there just in time to make the 1st race in June. I was hoping if I could get some info so I can hit the ground running. I am coming from a clay, indoor, decent sized track (small in comparison to what I've seen that you guys run on youtube). So I know there will be a slew of changes I will have to do to be remotely competitive out there and have an idea what to expect. I plan to be running 2wd buggy.

Is the track open for practice? If so what days/hours?

What is the popular turn brushless motor guys are using? Spur/pinion choices?

Is ramping on the ESC allowed?

Popular tire(s)? Do guys treat/sauce tires?

Are Races still on 1st and 3rd Saturdays and what time? What time does the track open on race days? Are there make ups for
Rain days?

What things should I bring to the track (apart from racing gear) i.e. Pit tables, canopy, generator, extension cords, lunch etc?

I have the small red transponder MYLAPS RC4 Hybrid transponder is that compatible with your system?

That's all I could think of for now. Thank you in advance for the information and look forward to seeing you guys on the track soon.

Phil
RaiderFan12015

Re: New to Mobile RC Racing

Postby Razorbelly on Mon May 25, 2015 5:46 pm

Welcome Raiderfan, the track is always open to the public and you can practice(for free) when its not too wet, of course. Not sure which 2wd buggy u have.But motor size and esc's settings are open. Most run from 13.5T to 6.5T with 8.5T maybe the most popular. You can sauce if you like but not needed,because when racing we water the track to keep the dust down and the traction up. And just about any tire will work on race days because the traction will be high. Popular tires are Grids,Impacts,Blockades,Holeshots ,3D's and Megabites in Soft and Super Soft compounds.The track is really easy on tire wear because I have some tires that are over 4 years old in my 1/8 and 1/10 scale tire collection. Still and always will race on the 1st and 3rd Sats and really no makeup races unless its for a point series race. A track in Fort Walton (B&T)races 2nd & 4th Sats and some of us go there. Bring a canopy,chairs,tables and lights as we race at night in the summer time. Starting times will change with change of day light savings time(will be posted). Your RC4 will work with the System we use. The track is really a great track and its what real off road racing was meant to be. Hope to see at the track soon.We usually have a good turnout in the 2wd Buggy,1/8 Truggy and 1/8 Buggy classes.
Last edited by Razorbelly on Mon May 25, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Razorbelly

Postby Todd on Mon May 25, 2015 7:04 pm

Pretty much what Mark said. 3D's and Blockades are probably the best for 2wd, with rib fronts. Your RC4 Hybrid will work, since it's a hybrid. The track is always open to practice, but with rain, and a lack of maintenance on off days, it can be quite dusty and blown out. The track is not sugared or calciumed when we're racing, it's a loamy tacky clay/dirt surface.
RSCrono.com
20% Discount: "MobileRC20"
Todd

Postby RaiderFan12015 on Mon May 25, 2015 8:02 pm

Great thank you very much for the feedback and information. Looking forward to running with you guys.
RaiderFan12015

Return to Welcome