RACE ATTENDENCE

All things RC

RACE ATTENDENCE

Postby David Brown on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:25 am

Lets see if we can figure out how to boost attendance. What do we need to change?
DAVID BROWN
David Brown

Re: RACE ATTENDENCE

Postby Brian Davis on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:45 am

What about a large race? Post it on various forums and try to pull racers from out of town. Weather might be a problem, though.
Brian Davis

Postby zach51 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:35 pm

There are just so many other things out there for people to do on the weekends. I dont even have a wife or kids, and I've been racing for 15 years. On a nice weekend it is just hard to want to blow a full day on sitting at the track, racing 5 minutes then sitting for an hour waiting on your next race. The whole time I would be sitting there thinking of all the other stuff I could be out doing. Cars, motors, batteries, etc are better than they used to be, and more reliable. I think you should shake up the progam a bit. Instead of the old "3 heats and a main" mentality that has been out there for years, speed up the program and run something else. Maybe 2 qualifiers then a main, then invert the main and run again?

I'm just speaking from my own personal preference, but I think you have to figure out a way to give guys more track time and improve the experience of a raceday. I just have a hard time sitting still, that is one main reason I don't go to big races anymore. I dont want to race for 5 minutes then sit for 4 hours.
Zach Garner -- Mobile, AL
Associated B5 - Tekin - Futaba
Associated RC8.2 - Novarossi - Futaba
Associated RC8.2e - LRP - Futaba
zach51

Postby David Brown on Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:39 pm

FYI,we run two heats and a main.Heats are 6 mins and mains are between 8 & 15 mins.I was mainly talking about getting more people to come out and race, we used to have as high as 30 to 40 entry..
DAVID BROWN
David Brown

Postby dhunt488 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:58 pm

Most people are not like the die hard all out into it like some.defiantly going always have the all out into guys...in my opinion true racers..now don't take that wrong either..and with that being said people that just show from time to time need an insentive to come out and race..me I don't understand but they do..they will show if they don't have anything else to do..not a priority..

I like what Brian said..put on a big event and get the word out and see what happens...

Personally and I really hate to say it, and for what ever reason,1\8 scale has killed off any other racing on the off road for some reason..the oval I don't know what up over there...but if it isn't going to be used it should be turned into a 1\10 scale track...or figure out a way to easily move a pipe or two and cut the off road in half for 1\10 scale.../

Most can't afford to run 1\8scale and honestly with osrc there goes your 1\10 scale...

Just my 2cents.....confused as well.....
TLR 8ight T 3.0 / novarossi / jr. Servos / airtronics m11x / sweep racing tires / stikman rc / pro tech
dhunt488

Postby dhunt488 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:19 pm

I guess what I might be trying to say is it takes dedication for something you truly like..
TLR 8ight T 3.0 / novarossi / jr. Servos / airtronics m11x / sweep racing tires / stikman rc / pro tech
dhunt488

Postby Todd on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:09 am

To get back to the "glory days", will take quite a lot of commitment.

We need to fix the track up
We need to figure out what to do with the oval
We need to run a points series

Way easier said than done, unfortunately. The track needs quite a bit of work and investment. Need to renovate the layout, need to replace black piping, need to renovate booth and need to replace dilapidated wall.

But all that takes money, something we don't have anymore.
RSCrono.com
20% Discount: "MobileRC20"
Todd

Postby bigbrad_41 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:06 pm

Its unfortunate that the hobby shop doesn't take more ownership of the track... They sure do promote the hell out of it when they are selling rc cars :irritated:

I'm not afraid of doing alittle work but it seems to be the same guys every time... That's an issue! I'm not sure how we fix it?
I do agree we need to do a point series and or big race... And for what ever reason Mother Nature hates the rc gods and that's a huge part of our down fall... My 2 cents
bigbrad_41

Return to General RC Discussion