ROLL CALL

All things RC

ROLL CALL

Postby David Brown on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:26 am

Who is going to be there Sat, I plan to.
DAVID BROWN
David Brown

Re: ROLL CALL

Postby Webbman on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:56 pm

I'm in let's race!
Webbman
Webbman

Postby dhunt488 on Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:04 pm

I'm in. 1/8 n. Truggy
TLR 8ight T 3.0 / novarossi / jr. Servos / airtronics m11x / sweep racing tires / stikman rc / pro tech
dhunt488

Postby dhunt488 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:38 pm

Just left the track and pumped out @30 gallons..track is drying out. Plenty of sun on it. Looking good for Saturday. Will have to do the usual track prep and resurface. Not bad though.
TLR 8ight T 3.0 / novarossi / jr. Servos / airtronics m11x / sweep racing tires / stikman rc / pro tech
dhunt488

Postby RumbleBeeAL on Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:07 pm

I can't make this one.
Gordon
(It's pronounced Gor-don...)

Futaba 4PX | MBX7R Eco| MBX7R Nitro | MBX7T Nitro
RumbleBeeAL

Postby rick rude on Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:42 pm

I guess from reading your racing info there is no more oval track as u don't post any info about it? Par for the course. Glad to see the new leadership has taken control and is moving forward in a positive manner to increase racing interest at the Mobile track.
rick rude

Postby RumbleBeeAL on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:15 pm

rick rude wrote:I guess from reading your racing info there is no more oval track as u don't post any info about it? Par for the course. Glad to see the new leadership has taken control and is moving forward in a positive manner to increase racing interest at the Mobile track.

Rick, the oval is still in place. As with any track, it could use some routine maintainence.

Note - The current track flyer still indicates the active classes run at this facility. If there's a new class you'd like to see started, it only takes three entries to get the ball rolling.
Attachments
image.jpg
Mobile RC Racing Flyer
(169.62 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
Gordon

RumbleBeeAL

Postby mississippi boys on Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:48 am

Me and Danny can't make it. Have to go out-of-town. See ya'll in mid June.
mississippi boys

Postby Todd on Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:19 am

rick rude wrote:I guess from reading your racing info there is no more oval track as u don't post any info about it? Par for the course. Glad to see the new leadership has taken control and is moving forward in a positive manner to increase racing interest at the Mobile track.
The info on the homepage has been up for a month with no comments. Its just a basic list of popular classes. Having 2 people in a class isn't the eptiome of a popular class. That said its really not hard to fix a minor oversight and add to that list. It wouldve just taken a PM and any of the mods would have gladly changed it I'm sure, instead of posting some whiney junk.

Like Gordon posted, the current flyer (which is posted in Hobbytowns window, on Facebook and elsewhere) has the popular oval classes listed. No one is purposely excluding oval, that would be dumb to not promote a class that we have the facilities for...
RSCrono.com
20% Discount: "MobileRC20"
Todd

Postby rick rude on Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:37 pm

Whiny junk? I guess noting a obvious error in information was a mistake on my part seeing how I don't live near Hobbytown, and don't use facebook. Last time I checked we had 4 to 6 entries for oval. As far as the oval goes if Keith and my self had not worked and preped the track there was no oval to race on. Last I heard u were expanding the 1/8 scale off road to include the oval or is that just a rumor? GFTL :)
rick rude

Postby RumbleBeeAL on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:50 am

rick rude wrote:Whiny junk? I guess noting a obvious error in information was a mistake on my part seeing how I don't live near Hobbytown, and don't use facebook. Last time I checked we had 4 to 6 entries for oval. As far as the oval goes if Keith and my self had not worked and preped the track there was no oval to race on. Last I heard u were expanding the 1/8 scale off road to include the oval or is that just a rumor? GFTL

Rick, please understand we can't be expected to react to rumors reportedly made at a public accessible track. We can however state the facts - of which I believe Todd and others have made attempts to do here. It is a fair statement, that the comments posted on this web site and other social media forums are in the open and not simply anonymous rumors being tossed around.

Sitting back and stating the "sky is falling" doesn't get us any closer to the anticipated goals.

We all share the responsibility in maintaining and promoting our track facility. There has been open discussion during these scheduled Maintenance Days to have a professional service provide more regular grass/weed trimming maintenance which would help reduce the amount of required volunteer effort in keeping the track presentable in a more consistent manner.

While it is easy to sit back only to toss out speculations and stir the pot, I recommend we all take a more active role by getting involved with helping each other on scheduled work days as well future planning and the promoting of race events.

Attached are a few photos from the most recent scheduled work day (Saturday, 05/24/2014). Considerable time was devoted to the clean up around the entire facility including the oval driver's stand and oval itself. Scheduled Work Days are open to anyone interested in improving the facility.

Attachments
image.jpg
Official Flyer Posted in Hobby Town's store front
(163.69 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
image.jpg
Oval Track and Driver's Stand Cleanup
(294.94 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
image.jpg
Facility/Grounds Pipe Clean Up
(322.53 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Last edited by RumbleBeeAL on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gordon

RumbleBeeAL

Postby David Brown on Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:54 am

Very well said....
DAVID BROWN
David Brown

Postby rick rude on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:34 am

I agree and thank u for all the info. :) GFTL
rick rude

Postby David Brown on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:06 am

Looks like a good weekend,who all is coming?
DAVID BROWN
David Brown

Postby RumbleBeeAL on Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:31 pm

It looks like I may be traveling on business at the end of the week which may fall into Saturday.

If not, I plan to be at the track.
Gordon

RumbleBeeAL

Next

Return to General RC Discussion