Newest body, painted for another Racer's daughter to run

All things RC

Newest body, painted for another Racer's daughter to run

Postby cegpcola on Sat May 18, 2013 12:25 pm

I like the body styling on the HPI GTR body, but this is one of the worst body moldings I have ever seen. There was some molding problem with the way the fog lights set up and they were not molded clean at all. Also, to make it a 1 piece body they made the lower section super thin, which is why the fog light set up the way they did, but it also made cutting the masking film difficult. I ran the knife over the film lightly and it was able to cut into the body enough that the minute the body flexed it split in that spot.

cegpcola

Re: Newest body, painted for another Racer's daughter to run

Postby BUCKSHOTRC on Sat May 18, 2013 1:01 pm

Nice Job.....didn't realize you could paint like that.....I'd like to have a F1 body done in total carbon fibre....and work with vynal graphics on the outside....maybe the mid nose lotus ...already have the high nose body..(platapus)
Attachments
..finished f1 001.jpg
f104pro..2012 lotus (kimi R)
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 177 times
BUCKSHOTRC

Postby cegpcola on Sat May 18, 2013 1:19 pm

The big problem with CF is that you have to do flat areas with it. If the material you use to mask with bunches up or starts lifting in any areas, it can ruin the entire job. I enjoy doing some paintwork, but I am really just starting to get my airbrushing technics started. I still have a ways to go. I have always been a big artist and can visualize a lot of different things but I still have some work to do before I am really good at it. Usually, I look at a body for a few hours until it tells me what it needs for a paint job. I study the body lines over and over in my head as well as look at a lot of 1:1 cars to get ideas.

You didn't notice the CF ribbon on the hood of my Chili Cook off car?...lol
cegpcola

Postby kenny on Sat May 18, 2013 5:05 pm

man that is bad ass paint job-you are good for sure-------hey tim you can go by advance auto parts and they sell CFroll and i think its not that much-its where the pin stripping is
kenny

Postby cegpcola on Sat May 18, 2013 8:05 pm

Thanks! Yeah, that CF roll would work pretty well.
cegpcola

Return to General RC Discussion