"On Road" GULF COAST R/C CHALLENGE

All things RC

Re: "On Road" GULF COAST R/C CHALLENGE

Postby Brian Davis on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:49 pm

Not that I'm aware of. Are yours RC4's hybrids, or RC4-only?
Brian Davis

Postby cam345 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:59 pm

RC4 only.Wanted to race VTA.Already signed up. I think he has the update. Just didn't know if he's installed it.
cam345

Postby Brian Davis on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:17 pm

I just talked to Reggie from the carpet track in New Orleans and he's going to bring his handouts and charging rack. If nothing else, just throw one of those in your car before you hit the track.
Brian Davis

Postby cam345 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:42 pm

Ok,thanks for your help.
cam345

Postby cegpcola on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:12 pm

Awesome Dean! Glade to see you are going to make the trip over. Should be a really fun day out there.

Kurtis
cegpcola

Postby Lee43 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:35 pm

Are the rules the same for sportsman touring ?
L&D Racing
Lee43

Postby cegpcola on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:45 pm

Did we ever decide on what is being allowed for the Sportsman Pan car class as well. My girls cars are setup with a 17.5 Blinky, with no wing, and no cutout rear end. I don't think they are at the level that they will be fighting for the win in the class, but I still want to make sure they are going to fit in the Rules if I decide to let them race next week. I am still having some radio problems with one of them, so I have to get that figured out.
cegpcola

Postby cam345 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:29 pm

cegpcola wrote:Awesome Dean! Glade to see you are going to make the trip over. Should be a really fun day out there.

Kurtis

I figured I'd give it a shot. Someones got to bring up the rear. :)
cam345

Postby Brian Davis on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:52 pm

Lee43 wrote:Are the rules the same for sportsman touring ?

Same rules (no boost, 17.5 brushless), just separating out the class based on skill level. If there's someone signed up for sportsman who's cracking off the same lap times as expert touring, we'll move them.

cegpcola wrote:Did we ever decide on what is being allowed for the Sportsman Pan car class as well. My girls cars are setup with a 17.5 Blinky, with no wing, and no cutout rear end. I don't think they are at the level that they will be fighting for the win in the class, but I still want to make sure they are going to fit in the Rules if I decide to let them race next week. I am still having some radio problems with one of them, so I have to get that figured out.

Sportsman oval is going to be any of the following 3 power options:
21.5/2s
17.5/1s
Silvercan/2s

Any of those 3 options should be in the same ballpark in regards to speed, and it opens up the class a little more to beginners. The rest of the sportsman rules still apply- spoilers only (no wings), and the rear bumper area can't be cut out of the body. I doubt we'll see anyone really bleeding every last ounce of speed out of a sportsman setup, so it will pretty much come down to who avoids the most wrecks. :)

If you're having radio problems on 1s, the first thing I would check is the booster/rx pack.
Brian Davis

Postby cegpcola on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:24 pm

cam345 wrote:
cegpcola wrote:Awesome Dean! Glade to see you are going to make the trip over. Should be a really fun day out there.

Kurtis

I figured I'd give it a shot. Someones got to bring up the rear. :)

A little sandbagging already! Love it! It should be a lot of fun. I have to figure out exactly when the track is going to open up so I can get there early. If you want to pit in the trailer to get out of the sun, just let me know. It will just be me and my girls pitting in there. I think Derek might show up to watch but not race. I will have my generator if you need some electricity.
cegpcola

Postby cegpcola on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:36 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
Lee43 wrote:Are the rules the same for sportsman touring ?

Same rules (no boost, 17.5 brushless), just separating out the class based on skill level. If there's someone signed up for sportsman who's cracking off the same lap times as expert touring, we'll move them.

cegpcola wrote:Did we ever decide on what is being allowed for the Sportsman Pan car class as well. My girls cars are setup with a 17.5 Blinky, with no wing, and no cutout rear end. I don't think they are at the level that they will be fighting for the win in the class, but I still want to make sure they are going to fit in the Rules if I decide to let them race next week. I am still having some radio problems with one of them, so I have to get that figured out.

Sportsman oval is going to be any of the following 3 power options:
21.5/2s
17.5/1s
Silvercan/2s

Any of those 3 options should be in the same ballpark in regards to speed, and it opens up the class a little more to beginners. The rest of the sportsman rules still apply- spoilers only (no wings), and the rear bumper area can't be cut out of the body. I doubt we'll see anyone really bleeding every last ounce of speed out of a sportsman setup, so it will pretty much come down to who avoids the most wrecks. :)

If you're having radio problems on 1s, the first thing I would check is the booster/rx pack.

lol......If you want to avoid the wrecks, you might want to avoid my 2 daughters. They are still getting the hang of it, and they both let their nerves get the best of them. I tried the Rx pack and it is fully charged. I changed her Rx out the other day when we went to practice also, but still the same result. It only gets about 10 feet out before it lets go of the signal. I have a couple of other radios that I am going to work with. Hopefully I will get her car done and let her turn some laps this week here in Pensacola.
cegpcola

Postby TeamGPT20 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:53 pm

Kurtis, both my girls will be running the 1cell 17.5 combo.. Brian, I thought the body rule was that it had to use the spoiler/wing that came with the body... One of my girls body is a COT body...
TeamGPT20

Postby CHIEF17 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:58 am

Kurtis, I had a similar issue with a radio as you described. Brian told me to check the transmitter antenna wire inside the module. Sometimes they come loose. Mine was good in the transmitter but when I opened up the case of the receiver it was detached. So take a look at that also.
"There' s no such thing as a 'normal life' Wyatt, there's just life."
"The big secret is to keep practicing and never get discouraged when taking a good beating on the track" - Paul L
CHIEF17

Postby Brian Davis on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:05 am

TeamGPT20 wrote:Brian, I thought the body rule was that it had to use the spoiler/wing that came with the body... One of my girls body is a COT body...

I guess I worded that badly.. no add-on (buggy-style) wings. If the body comes with a spoiler or wing, then it's legal.

CHIEF17 wrote:Kurtis, I had a similar issue with a radio as you described. Brian told me to check the transmitter antenna wire inside the module. Sometimes they come loose. Mine was good in the transmitter but when I opened up the case of the receiver it was detached. So take a look at that also.

Yep - if it's a range issue check the antenna connections.
Brian Davis

Postby cegpcola on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:58 am

Yeah, I think the antenna wire in the transmitter is loose. I might crack that tx open and take a look. Thanks for the ideas guys.
cegpcola

PreviousNext

Return to General RC Discussion