"On Road" GULF COAST R/C CHALLENGE

All things RC

Re: "On Road" GULF COAST R/C CHALLENGE

Postby Brian Davis on Mon May 13, 2013 2:45 pm

Sounds good to me, Eddie. I'm gonna try and get with Scott tonight about a few things. There's a few classes on RC Signup that have no entries so far, and I don't really see them picking up. If we dropped those we could add the sportsman classes without making the day any longer (there's currently 10 classes listed)
User avatar
Brian Davis
 
Posts: 2981
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 1988 12:00 pm

Re: "On Road" GULF COAST R/C CHALLENGE

Postby Scott65 on Thu May 16, 2013 7:01 am

Cool thanks Eddie Brian told me about this and as soon as he gets me the info thats what will work towards, good thing
he cought me cause i almost placed the order

thanks

Scott
Scott65
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 7:25 pm

Re: "On Road" GULF COAST R/C CHALLENGE

Postby kenny on Thu May 16, 2013 1:33 pm

TeamGPT20 wrote:Scott @ Brian I will donate trophies (they will need name plates and logos on them) for the top 5 for the sportsman oval and sportsman touring class... That way you could keep the entry fee low on these classes and make it not a money race...
That would give our kids and novice racers classes to run in and be part of the event....

Awesome thank you eddie big time-go ahead and put my name on the 1st place trophy-looolo-I have a car ready to go as we speak
kenny
 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:06 pm
Location: Wade,Ms

Re: "On Road" GULF COAST R/C CHALLENGE

Postby teamracer 59 on Thu May 16, 2013 5:30 pm

not this time kenny :wink:




kenny wrote:
TeamGPT20 wrote:Scott @ Brian I will donate trophies (they will need name plates and logos on them) for the top 5 for the sportsman oval and sportsman touring class... That way you could keep the entry fee low on these classes and make it not a money race...
That would give our kids and novice racers classes to run in and be part of the event....

Awesome thank you eddie big time-go ahead and put my name on the 1st place trophy-looolo-I have a car ready to go as we speak
User avatar
teamracer 59
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: "On Road" GULF COAST R/C CHALLENGE

Postby Brian Davis on Thu May 16, 2013 7:22 pm

Sportsman Touring and Sportsman Oval added on RCSignup. You guys know what to do.

http://tinyurl.com/gcrcc
User avatar
Brian Davis
 
Posts: 2981
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 1988 12:00 pm

Re: "On Road" GULF COAST R/C CHALLENGE

Postby teamracer 59 on Thu May 16, 2013 9:51 pm

All sign up is it best to pay now or at the track Scott?

Brian Davis wrote:Sportsman Touring and Sportsman Oval added on RCSignup. You guys know what to do.

http://tinyurl.com/gcrcc
User avatar
teamracer 59
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: "On Road" GULF COAST R/C CHALLENGE

Postby teamracer 59 on Thu May 16, 2013 9:55 pm

Is sport man touring open like tires and battery
User avatar
teamracer 59
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: "On Road" GULF COAST R/C CHALLENGE

Postby TeamGPT20 on Thu May 16, 2013 11:20 pm

What are the rules for sportsman oval? I know the bodies rules: no wing, spoiler that comes with body can be used, and rear end cannot be cut out... I know I could use my johnson sealed brushed motor, but did you ever decide on a brushless setup? Maybe 1 cell 17.5 or 21.5? Both my girls already have brushless systems in their cars and I could change one car over to brushed but I cant do both, I also have some old nimh battery's but not stick packs (Not sure if I could even bring them back to life)...

Did you decide on the race fee amount for the sportsman classes?

Danny and I are planning on running in Pcola this sunday, if for some reason that changes I will try and be at the Mobile track Saturday... So I can meet up and drop off the trophies for the sportsman classes... Like I said they will need logos and face plates done...
User avatar
TeamGPT20
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:55 pm
Location: Gulfport MS

Re: "On Road" GULF COAST R/C CHALLENGE

Postby cegpcola on Fri May 17, 2013 12:52 am

I am in the same boat with my girls cars, I do not have any brushed motor stuff or anything other than Lipo batteries. I am not sure if I am going to have my girls run that day, as I need to focus on 1 car for the day and they still need some practice time so they can stay out of the way. I will be running Pan car this weekend at Hobby central. Mike and Richard usually have theirs with them, and Brian Dickenson might come out. We still have a few other guys that have not finished putting together their Pan Cars yet, but I am hoping that we have enough for a class. Anyone else want to come on out and run some big track pan car, come on.
cegpcola
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:51 am

Re: "On Road" GULF COAST R/C CHALLENGE

Postby BUCKSHOTRC on Fri May 17, 2013 9:15 am

hopefully brian can address the sportsman rules....as far as p-cola...I was planning on going sunday just to get some laps at p-cola...but Bill has seen fit to ban me from his forum...I assume for talking about racing other places....personally if there is a big onroad race at any gulfcoast track "i want to know and believe most of you feel the same"...( at the time my last posting was trying to find out what time and day they raced for sure )...APPARENTLY...HE THINKS DISCUSSING PAN CAR RACING TAKES MONEY FROM HIS POCKET...I REALLY DON'T GET IT .....NOR DO I CARE
User avatar
BUCKSHOTRC
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:49 pm

Re: "On Road" GULF COAST R/C CHALLENGE

Postby Brian Davis on Fri May 17, 2013 9:16 am

How about this for sportsman oval?-

21.5/2s
17.5/1s
Silvercan/2s

Those 3 combos should all be pretty close in speed, and it opens up the class to just about everyone that wants to run it. Any objections?
User avatar
Brian Davis
 
Posts: 2981
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 1988 12:00 pm

Re: "On Road" GULF COAST R/C CHALLENGE

Postby TeamGPT20 on Fri May 17, 2013 2:48 pm

cegpcola wrote:I am in the same boat with my girls cars, I do not have any brushed motor stuff or anything other than Lipo batteries. I am not sure if I am going to have my girls run that day, as I need to focus on 1 car for the day and they still need some practice time so they can stay out of the way. I will be running Pan car this weekend at Hobby central. Mike and Richard usually have theirs with them, and Brian Dickenson might come out. We still have a few other guys that have not finished putting together their Pan Cars yet, but I am hoping that we have enough for a class. Anyone else want to come on out and run some big track pan car, come on.


Kurtis lett the girls run, I'll have my youngest running for the first time... That's the purpose of the class... Brian will most likely have his young one run also and run 3 or 4 classes on top of that, like myself... Entry fee should be low on this class... My main focus will be on the money classes and my girls know this... But their cars will be ready to go when I get to track after that I'll do some praying and do my best to keep them on the track...I Might need to ask the grand parents to come and put them to work.... :wink: Both my girls cant wait for this event....

I would also consider running more than one class... I like to always run atleast 2 classes, when things dont work out in class you have another one to fall back on... When I focus on one class sure I'll be at the top of my game, but bad luck is part of this hobby and I dont want to go home upset because I put all my eggs in one basket... :(
Last edited by TeamGPT20 on Fri May 17, 2013 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
TeamGPT20
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:55 pm
Location: Gulfport MS

Re: "On Road" GULF COAST R/C CHALLENGE

Postby Brian Davis on Fri May 17, 2013 2:55 pm

TeamGPT20 wrote:Lett the girls run, I'll have my youngest running for the first time... That's the purpose of the class... Brian will most likely have his young one run also and run 3 or 4 classes on top of that, like myself... Entry fee should be low on this class... My main focus will be on the money classes and my girls know this... But their cars will be ready to go when I get to track after that I'll do some praying and do my best to keep them on the track...I Might need to ask the grand parents to come and put them to work.... :wink: Both my girls cant wait for this event....


Exactly. The only thing keeping me from adding a 5th class (F1) to my entries is Noah's sportsman car. Luckily, he's good about making sure his battery is charged and his tires are sauced, so I should only have issues if he breaks. Here lately though I've made him take up the responsibility of fixing anything on his car that breaks (within reason). He's well-versed at building a Dynamic Strut front end now.. I just have to remove/install the e-clips for him. :D
User avatar
Brian Davis
 
Posts: 2981
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 1988 12:00 pm

Re: "On Road" GULF COAST R/C CHALLENGE

Postby TeamGPT20 on Fri May 17, 2013 2:59 pm

Brian Davis wrote:How about this for sportsman oval?-

21.5/2s
17.5/1s
Silvercan/2s

Those 3 combos should all be pretty close in speed, and it opens up the class to just about everyone that wants to run it. Any objections?


Looks good to me...
User avatar
TeamGPT20
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:55 pm
Location: Gulfport MS

Re: "On Road" GULF COAST R/C CHALLENGE

Postby TeamGPT20 on Fri May 17, 2013 3:04 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
TeamGPT20 wrote:Lett the girls run, I'll have my youngest running for the first time... That's the purpose of the class... Brian will most likely have his young one run also and run 3 or 4 classes on top of that, like myself... Entry fee should be low on this class... My main focus will be on the money classes and my girls know this... But their cars will be ready to go when I get to track after that I'll do some praying and do my best to keep them on the track...I Might need to ask the grand parents to come and put them to work.... :wink: Both my girls cant wait for this event....


Exactly. The only thing keeping me from adding a 5th class (F1) to my entries is Noah's sportsman car. Luckily, he's good about making sure his battery is charged and his tires are sauced, so I should only have issues if he breaks. Here lately though I've made him take up the responsibility of fixing anything on his car that breaks (within reason). He's well-versed at building a Dynamic Strut front end now.. I just have to remove/install the e-clips for him. :D


I'm signed up for 3 classes.... I have Haley in one and Felicia in two classes....(5 cars I have to keep up with) But I do have my VTA and WGT on stand by....
User avatar
TeamGPT20
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:55 pm
Location: Gulfport MS

PreviousNext

Return to General RC Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron